Job Title: MACHINE OPERATOR
Reports To: Shift Supervisor or Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly – Non‐Exempt
Under general supervision of a Shift Supervisor or Department Supervisor, incumbent will monitor 8 to
10 machines to ensure that the speed of the machine, load and output are accurate according to
specifications. Measures the output to ensure uniformity. Records and reports discrepancies both in
writing and verbally to supervisor and/or quality assurance personne
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Monitors up to 10 expanded metal machines to ensure output meets customer specifications.
2. Regularly reviews the load and speed of the machine.
3. Reviews actual output to ensure there are no deformities or discrepancies in the output, such as incorrect or broken strands, incorrect alignment, flakes, etc.
4. Measures actual output for width variance, thickness variance and other non‐conforming discrepancies.
5. Works in partnership with quality assurance inspectors to review output.
6. Completes control and non‐conforming reports daily.
7. Reports any machine malfunctions to supervisor immediately.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. May load and unload material from machines
2. May use overhead crane to move material within the production department.
3. May drive forklift to transport material within the production department.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Basic math skills – add, subtract, multiply, divide and use of decimals, fractions and percentages.
2. Safe work rules.
1. Read, understand and use a measuring tape effectively
2. Read, understand and use a caliper/micrometer effectively (desired, but not required)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. High School Diploma
2. At least 1 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.