Work Location: California
Job type: Full-Time
Salary: 15 - 19 USD / Hourly
Plans layout, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment, such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts, using hand tools and power tools. A combination of over two years of directly related training and/or experience is typically required for carrying out the responsibilities for this job. Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications.
• Diagnose equipment malfunctions and make repairs and adjustments using the necessary test equipment, instruments and tools of the trade.
• Overhaul and repair all electrical equipment.
• Replace and repair component parts to maintain and establish operational status of equipment.
• Install new system, modify existing electrical systems, equipment and devices working from drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
• Maintain a safe, clean work area, perform work in accordance with electrical codes, specifications.
•Install, test, repair and maintain such electrical fixtures and apparatus as conduit, meters, transformers, switches, outlets, plugs, breakers and panels, fans, outdoor lighting receptacles, motion sensors and motor starters.
• Install necessary interior and exterior wiring for equipment and appliances such as computers, test and lab equipment, pumps, lighting, motors and service disconnects.
•Replace ballasts in lights; replace breakers, panels and low voltage transformers.
•Maintain preventive maintenance procedures, records and reports.
•Inspect building wiring, panels and electrical fixtures and correct unsafe conditions;
•Inspect work done by outside contractors and report findings to supervisor.
•Order parts and maintain inventory of parts.
• Inspect high voltage transformers and related switching gear
•Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams and schematics.
•Assist other maintenance shops in the performance of semi-skilled and skilled general building maintenance work as directed.
•Program, maintain and trouble shoot PLC system.
•Hands on experience with 120/240/480 electrical wiring and panels
•Able to trouble shoot 120/240/480 electrical wiring
•Must be familiar with federal codes and regulations pertaining to electrical trade
•Able to install, modify existing 120/240/480 electrical systems
•Able to maintain, program and trouble shoot PLC system.
Must have 4+ years of experience. Strong knowledge of 120/240/480 electrical wiring and panel lay out. Ability to trouble shoot, update, modify and maintain Allen Bradley PLC system. Ability to install, modify and update existing 120/240/480 electrical wiring. Knowledge of National Electric Code and Electrical Safety Orders of the Division of Industrial Safety of California. Able to read, interpret and work with blue prints, plan drawings and specifications.