Material handler - Rancho Cucamonga
Work Location: California
Job type: Full-Time
Salary: 13 - 15 USD / Hourly
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, by hand.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on pallets.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
- Removes samples of materials, labels with identifying information, and takes samples for analysis.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Dumps by hand materials such as colors or plastic, into machine hoppers or move product by hand onto scrap pallets.
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Reads spread sheets to determine specific material requirements at changeovers.
- Maintains work area in a neat and clean condition.
- Maintains communication between shifts and coworkers.
- Performs daily departmental housekeeping.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Good mobility for high physical activity including but not limited to reaching, standing, stooping, squatting & crawling to access material storage areas.
Flexiable with hours and days - must be able to work Saturdays and 10 to 12 hour shifts.
1st shift 7:00 am - 3:30pm Days off are Sunday & Monday
2nd Shift 3:00 pm- 11:30 pm Days off are Friday & Saturday
3rd Shift 11:00 pm -7:30 am Days off are Sunday & Monday