Job Title: Warehouse Manager
Reports to: Regional Director
Hours: 40+ hours/week, 8:00AM - 5:00PM; seasonality of business will require hours in excess of 40 at times throughout the year.
Direct Reports: Yes (number varies based on location)
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the overall success of warehouse operations through the accurate and safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of customer products and goods. This role is focused on providing our customers an exemplary level of service by driving inventory accuracy, warehouse organization, task-prioritization, and staff leadership.
Warehouse Managers must understand and aid in implementing processes that will drive profitability and enhance margins, including the management of labor, space and equipment. The role is also responsible for the management and supervision of associates, and is also involved with personnel issues such as the recruitment, training and discipline of staff. This role will also oversee, and when necessary, involve themselves in, various picking, packing and distribution activities.
This leader is also accountable for maintaining and building a culture that exhibits a high-level of professionalism among personnel, while ensuring workplace health and safety requirements are met, and takes responsibility for the overall security of the building and product/goods.
Essential Job Functions
• Motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met
• Training staff and monitoring their performance, progress, and service levels
• Partner cross-functionally to mobilize resources and align around the common goal of obsession with superior customer service
• Overseeing customer inventories, monitoring orders and processing shipments
• Ensuring quality, delivery and budget objectives are met
• Continuously drive profitability and generate revenue by identifying and eliminating non-value added activities and recognizing missed opportunities
• Assists in the development of, and ongoing recommendations for, warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment
• Develops and provides ongoing recommendations for warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; subsequently implements applicable changes
• Assess, analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative metrics to determine current and future state of warehouse productivity and determine improvement opportunities
• Producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
• Responsible for monitoring and ordering warehouse and office supplies
• Delivering and fulfilling objectives and directions from the operation's headquarters
• Responding to and dealing with customer communication by email, fax and telephone
• Briefing staff on the issues for that particular day
• Manage on-site visits for current and potential customers
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
• Responsible for creating and maintaining an orderly and clean environment
• Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of core education and related professional experience
• 5+ years of industry work experience; two years of specific warehouse experience with proven results; supply chain experience required
• Advanced service, production, or supervisory role having greater responsibility to perform all (or most) of the standard work required within the function
• Personnel management and supervisory experience required
• Prior experience of Domestic and International services within the logistics industry
• Experience leveraging technology to perform daily tasks, including strong familiarity with MS Office applications (in particular Exchange, Word & Excel), web navigation & basic hardware
• Prior use with PO system, enterprise sourcing and/or inventory oversight for multiple locations
• A creative and innovative thinker to bring successful resolution to customer and personnel issues
• Strong oral and written communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills; ability to quickly build rapport with both customer and Smart Warehousing business units
• Proven track record of taking initiative to accomplish tasks in creative ways with a sense of urgency and assertiveness
• The ability to prioritize tasks while rationally considering the outcomes of key decisions
• Maintain attention to detail in parallel with high-level thinking
All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff. Their written and verbal communication skills should be concise and effective, they should aspire to excellence in both work and customer service, they should show courtesy to all they encounter while representing the Company. They are also expected to maintain an air of professionalism in their interpersonal relationships and personal grooming, exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business and customers, exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others, and openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company. Smart Warehousing views each of these traits as performance indicators, and employee appraisals reflect each of these attributes as an element of performance upon which employees are rated.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must regularly be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. In some instances, employee will be required to participate in warehouse-related activities. Must have the ability to travel, sometimes with short notice.