Data Entry - Purchasing Dept
Work Location: Fullerton, California
Job type: Full-Time
Salary: 18 - 20 USD / Hourly
1. Receive Schedule from Scheduler and execute the following:
• Keep physical scheduling board up to date and review daily
• Organize Work Orders by date
• Establish a “check in” and “check out” of paperwork so that paperwork does not get lost. The goal is to keep track of all job travelers and know where the paperwork is located.
• Be responsible for tracking down paperwork for revisions and giving a detailed status of the order to the Scheduler.
• Organize work orders by date of schedule into staging cart.
2. Data Entry updates
• Update clerical data on purchase orders.
-Such as clicking production complete on M1 for coating operations and remove line items from P.O.
• Enter ESD dates and tracking confirmed by purchasing manager. Updating all due dates and memos into M1.
3. Generate Cycle Count Sheets form M1 based off the Purchasing Manger’s direction.
• Generate, have warehouse count, and report information to enter into M1. Update Inventory to latest Cycle count.
4. Inventory Part Number
• Review 4700 parts in M1 Description, and clean up
• Add Vendor information
5. Verify data and correct data where necessary.
6. Respond to requests for information and access relevant files.
7. Use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel to add data
8. Be accountable for entering data with clarity, using word processing tools to ensure data quality.
9. Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, data recorders or optical scanners
• Type in data provided from Excel to M1 ERP system
• Create spreadsheets without mistakes
• Verify data by comparing it to source documents
• Update existing inventory
• Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
• Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
• Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
• Maintain data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures
• Combine data from both systems when account information is incomplete.
• Maintain operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes
Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving
- Information collection and management
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience as a data entry clerk or in a data entry job preferred.
- Physical ability to be typing for long hours.
- Strong passion for developing data entry skills.
- Strong skill for paying close attention to detail.
- MS Office Word. Communication skills. Fast-typing skills. Excellent knowledge of database systems and computer systems. Ability to time data entry according to words per hour.
- Comfortable with office equipment including a computer, telephone, scanner, calculator, and photocopier and other equipment.