Industrial Electrician in Huntington Beach CA
Work Location: Huntington Beach , California 92647
Job type: Full-Time
Salary: 20 - 22 USD / Hourly
Shift: 1st Shift 7am-3:30pm , OFF Friday & Saturday
To modify, rebuild, repair, or overhaul electronic and electrical equipment and controls. Applies knowledge of electronics principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Repair and maintain assigned equipment with responsibility for production and quality on this equipment. To modify or produce new equipment as directed.
1. Receives wiring diagrams, drawings, specifications, and instructions, either verbally or in writing, concerning emergency and scheduled repair, installation, and inspection work to be performed.
2. Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic theory and principles, wiring specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
3. Plans details of working procedure to determine material or replacement needs and determines a logical approach to repair problems.
4. Services electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuit modules, printed circuit boards, and similar electronic devices.
5. Performs plant-wide electronic and electrical maintenance, making operating adjustments as required.
6. Analyzes mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
7. Maintains and installs communication cables, power distribution cables and wiring, and performs splicing as required.
8. Fabricates parts as required using machine and hand tools common to the trade.
9. Informs supervisor and Machine Operators of potentially dangerous electrical equipment and corrective actions taken.
10. Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment. Reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
11. Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for electronic and electrical equipment.
12. Performs repair, rebuilding or overhaul work of manufacturing or service equipment from blueprints, company manufacturing manuals, written or verbal instructions.
13. Must have passed yearly forklift certification testing.
14. Notifies supervisor or manager of any potential safety hazards.
15. Knowledge of AC/DC drives/motors and PLCs preferred.
16. Performs other jobs and tasks as required.
EDUCATION, BACKGROUND AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Experience with plastic processing equipment preferred.
2. High school diploma and equivalent work experience.
3. Possesses a degree or certificate from a technical school or equivalent work experience.
4. Extensive technical knowledge of electronics as determined through the job selection