Work Location: Santa Ana , California 92706
Job type: Full-Time
Salary: 100 USD / Annually
Please call for more information
The Program Manager will need to have the ability to rapidly develop our Program/Project Management team’s competency and the capacity to take on increasing responsibilities. The Program Manager will be responsible for establishing, tracking and driving product development execution for major engineering projects. The Program Manager will create a cross-functional program team and work closely with all Engineering staff, Marketing, Sales, Operations, company Executives, and other Program Manager(s) to facilitate all phases of the Product Development Plan from concept to production. The Program Manager will need to have exceptional customer facing skills in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, with the freedom and responsibility to make things happen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Lead proposal efforts for specific projects and work with functional managers to develop a proposed program plan (statement of work, spec, budget and schedule)
- Drive execution of engineering programs from concept to production to achieve the planned milestone dates.
- Define program scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with Engineering and Marketing
- Estimate the resources and staff needed to achieve the program goals
- Determine program staffing needs and negotiate with department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company. Pursue and manage subcontractors if necessary to satisfy key requirements.
- Develop and implement detailed program plans: Plan and schedule program timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Track program milestones and deliverables.
- Identify and manage program dependencies, risks and the critical path
- Effectively communicate program expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion
- Maintain communications with the customers on an on-going basis for specific projects
- Work with Engineering to ensure that assigned programs meet estimated production design to cost targets
- Identify and resolve issues, conflicts, and obstacles to meeting the milestones in plan
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations to both senior management and to customers
- Conduct effective cross-functional team meetings to achieve program milestones
- Formally manage changes in program scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Analyse customer initiated change requests to determine whether they are in or out of scope, and work with Sales and Marketing to create customer response with respect to commercial terms
- Create a collaborative team environment with program members and subcontractors
- Build, develop and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the program
- Conduct program post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful program elements
- Develop best practices and tools for program execution
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree Engineering, (EE, ME, CE)
The successful candidate must have familiarity with new product development and the product development process.
- 10 -15 years of work experience with at least 3 years of direct work experience in a program management capacity.
- Customer service orientation
- Strong familiarity with program management software such as Microsoft Project
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Must generally have a positive, “can do” attitude and be able to effectively convey that attitude to others
- Must be able to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through use of analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Must be able to multitask and manage multiple programs at the same time
- Must be good with numbers and have good analytical skills
- Must be a good negotiator
- Must have good leadership skills
- Ability to read communication styles of team members, contractors, and customers who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources including upper management, customers, and other departments
- Ability to defuse tension among the program team, should it arise
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be adept at conducting research into program-related issues and products
- Ability to perform cost/benefit/risk assessments and financial analysisDue to Military affiliations, we are unable to sponsor candidates who require a Visa. Candidates MUST be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder.